Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Student Services.

Student Services

Career Development Services

Career Development Services located in 805 East Building, offers Hunter College students and alumni a wide variety of resources and services. Career Counselors are available by appointment to assist with choosing or changing a career, resume and cover letter writing, job search strategies, and interviewing skills. The office develops and maintains relationships with employers in a wide variety of fields and career fairs are held twice a year.  Many resources such as the resume builder, OptimalResume, the online job data base, ORION, and the schedule of workshops and career fairs can be accessed through the website For more information contact the office at 212 772 4850 or

One Stop

The One Stop for Students Office, located in room 217HN, is dedicated to providing centralized and efficient customer service through prompt, practical and reliable information. Committed to the success of our students, One Stop strives to provide individualized service that meets the needs of all Hunter College students. To that end, the One Stop offers assistance with transcripts, enrollment verifications, major/minor declarations, registration assistance, graduation inquiries, diploma pick up, FERPA application processing, establishing residency, and other enrollment-related questions. Please visit the One Stop website for up-to-date hours of operation

Hunter College Ombudsman

The Ombudsman is empowered by the Hunter College Governance Charter to investigate complaints and grievances by any member of the college community (student, faculty, staff, or administration) about a problem or condition in the college. When requested and where possible, the anonymity of a complainant will be protected and names will not be used in any reports the Ombudsman may make.

When someone feels unfairly treated or unjustly disadvantaged, the Ombudsman can advise the person of the available appeals procedures, recommend corrective action to be taken by the appropriate college officers or recommend changes in college procedures or regulations that would eliminate such injustices in the future.

The Office of the Ombudsman is in Room 1016 Hunter East; The ombudsman may be reached at or at (212) 772-4203.

Counseling & Wellness Service

1123 East (212) 772-4931

Counseling Services offers free and confidential assessment and short-term counseling to enrolled Hunter College students. Professional counselors assist students with personal and emotional difficulties that may interfere with academic progress and success. Additional services include crisis intervention and referrals to community agencies and resources. Counselors are also available to provide consultation services to the entire Hunter College community.

Wellness Services maintains two divisions: Health Services and Health Promotion & Education.

  • Health Services is responsible for processing student immunization records, and also offers a variety of preventative health screens and access to health-related resources. In addition, Health Services distributes physical activity cards (PAC) required for use in all recreation programs and facilities. 307 Hunter North (212)-772-4800.

  • Health Promotion & Education aims to enhance and advance the health and wellness of students in support of personal and academic success. Health Educators conduct outreach to educate students about health-related topics and the relationship between mental health and wellbeing and academic functioning and success, equip students with knowledge and skills to make informed and proactive decisions regarding their health, and assist in developing healthy lifestyle habits. 307 Hunter North (212)-772-4909

Hunter College Senate

The Hunter College Senate, chartered in 1970, is the principal governance body of the college and the only such body that holds a governance charter with the CUNY Board of Trustees. The Senate has authority to determine college policy in matters related to:

  1. Curriculum

  2. Academic requirements and standards

  3. Instruction and the evaluation of teaching

  4. College development, including master plan

  5. Computing and technology

Representatives of the faculty, student body, and administration constitute the voting membership of the Senate and serve for a term of two years. The elected officers of the Senate include the chairperson, vice-chairperson, and secretary of the Senate, and the chairperson of the Senate’s Evening Council, who constitute the Senate Administrative Committee.

Regular meetings of the Senate are planned for one-and-a-half hours and are held twice a month. Additional monthly meetings are called as needed. Election of faculty and student members to the Senate occurs during the spring semester.

Many standing committees and a varying number of special and ad hoc committees accomplish much of the work of the Senate. Membership on committees is representative and open to all faculty and students by election of the full Senate from a slate recommended by the Nominating Committee and by nominations from the Senate floor.

Faculty members and students are encouraged to become involved in the meetings of the Hunter College Senate and its committees.

Further information may be obtained by visiting the Senate Office, Room 1018 Hunter East Building, (212) 772-4200, or at

Office of AccessABILITY (for students with disabilities)

1214 Hunter East; 212-772-4857

In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, the Office of AccessABILITY ensures the availability of variety of accommodations and services for students with documented disabilities or medical conditions who are currently registered at Hunter College. Disabilities include (but may not be limited to):

  • Medical and psychological conditions, learning disabilities, deafness and hard of hearing, visual impairment, mobility impairment and other conditions that cause you to have mobility difficulties or result in your using a cane or wheelchair.

  • Assistance to students with temporary disabilities due to an accident or short-term health conditions is also available. To be eligible for reasonable accommodations, it is necessary for students to provide a written statement with supporting documentation of a disability from a “qualified professional” (physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or clinical social worker).

Under the auspices of the Office of AccessABILITY, the Access and Technology Center, Room 205 Thomas Hunter Hall, is a resource facility for students with disabilities. The center houses equipment with adaptive software and hardware technologies.

For more information, please call (212) 772-4857/VP (646) 755-3129 or go to our Web site.

The Section 504 Coordinator at Hunter College, Professor Jennifer Samson, is responsible for enforcement of the provisions of Section 504. She may be contacted in 915 Hunter West, (212) 772-4663. There is a 504 Grievance Procedure for students with disabilities at Hunter College. Students may obtain the necessary form, which contains instructions for filing, from the Office of Student Services in Room 1119 Hunter East. Students with disabilities at the School of Social Work may contact the director of admissions at (212) 396-7574 for assistance.

Student Veterans Services

Student Veteran Services (SVS) is the central hub that connects student veterans with academic and personal support resources on and off campus.  The SVS team is made up of dedicated student affairs professionals, who support the student veteran population at the college, including: service members, veterans, and eligible family members.  Our goal is to support your academic and personal endeavors at Hunter, from acceptance to graduation, including your transition and integration to our college community.  

Hunter College is proud to have you enrolled at our institution and greatly appreciates your service to our nation.  We look forward to working with you during your time at the college.